Serving You in Parliament and Stockton North:
Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the Villages
It is now over ten years since the people of Stockton North elected me to serve them in Parliament and I continue to do my best to do so.
I was recently appointed as Shadow Minister for courts and sentencing. I look forward to working with the Shadow Justice Secretary, and the team, on building an effective criminal justice system.
That said, I continue to work in many different areas from NHS/health and social care to industry and carbon capture and storage, all topics which have a major impact on the area I represent. Much recent time has also been spent on fighting for the resources needed to combat increasing crime and anti social behaviour which is a major concern for local people following the massive Government cuts to policing budgets.
My web site is designed to keep you up to date with what I am doing to represent the people of Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the villages and includes links to social media as well as news about different activities.
You can also access information on everything from the local campaigns I’m involved in, my voting record and the expenses I incur for my staff, travel and living during the week in London. Whilst I concentrate on housing, health and jobs, I speak on many other issues and the web site now provides a link to any speeches and any questions I ask in Parliament.
I am always pleased to have feedback on my work on your behalf and on the web site so please feel free to get in touch.
Alex Cunningham MP
- Funding for a new hospital not photo-ops, demands Alex of Rishi Sunak after PM’s visit to North Tees Hospital January 31, 2023
- Alex responds to DEFRA crustacean die-offs report January 26, 2023
- “Residents deserve answers” about the future of Hanover Point, says Alex, as he repeats his urges for new owner to “come out into the open” and respond to queries about the building January 26, 2023
- It stinks: Alex blasts Tory Levelling Up policy as it emerges the Prime Minister’s constituency is to receive £19 million while Billingham misses out for the second time January 19, 2023
- Alex welcomes news that Stockton on Tees is getting a new Community Diagnostic Centre January 17, 2023
- Public deserve answers on Teesworks crony contracts, says Alex in challenge to Prime Minister January 17, 2023
- Tories are short-changing working people, says Alex, as it emerges that wages in Stockton North are worth 7.4% less than when Conservatives came to power January 4, 2023