Serving You in Parliament and Stockton North:
Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the Villages
It is now over ten years since the people of Stockton North elected me to serve them in Parliament and I continue to do my best to do so.
I was recently appointed as Shadow Minister for courts and sentencing. I look forward to working with the Shadow Justice Secretary, and the team, on building an effective criminal justice system.
That said, I continue to work in many different areas from NHS/health and social care to industry and carbon capture and storage, all topics which have a major impact on the area I represent. Much recent time has also been spent on fighting for the resources needed to combat increasing crime and anti social behaviour which is a major concern for local people following the massive Government cuts to policing budgets.
My web site is designed to keep you up to date with what I am doing to represent the people of Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the villages and includes links to social media as well as news about different activities.
You can also access information on everything from the local campaigns I’m involved in, my voting record and the expenses I incur for my staff, travel and living during the week in London. Whilst I concentrate on housing, health and jobs, I speak on many other issues and the web site now provides a link to any speeches and any questions I ask in Parliament.
I am always pleased to have feedback on my work on your behalf and on the web site so please feel free to get in touch.
Alex Cunningham MP
- Offshore worker transportation “must be a priority”, says Alex on fifth anniversary of Turøy helicopter disaster which cost thirteen workers their lives April 29, 2021
- Government refuses to guarantee future of Hartlepool steelworks, despite requests from Alex in Parliament April 27, 2021
- Alex highlights local funding up for grabs for Stockton North charities April 8, 2021
- Alex calls for Healthy Start take-up campaign, as it is revealed that 40% of fresh fruit, vegetables and milk vouchers are left unclaimed in Stockton-on-Tees March 31, 2021
- Alex welcomes A19 improvement works update – and praises the hard fought campaign of the A19 Noise Action Group to reduce traffic noise March 25, 2021
- Alex “delighted local people will get a say” on The Wynd traffic calming measures, after he intervenes with the Council on consultation concerns March 24, 2021
- Alex responds to news INEOS will close its Utilities and Services Plant, putting 60 jobs at risk March 19, 2021