Serving You in Parliament and Stockton North:
Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the Villages
It is now over ten years since the people of Stockton North elected me to serve them in Parliament and I continue to do my best to do so.
I was recently appointed as Shadow Minister for courts and sentencing. I look forward to working with the Shadow Justice Secretary, and the team, on building an effective criminal justice system.
That said, I continue to work in many different areas from NHS/health and social care to industry and carbon capture and storage, all topics which have a major impact on the area I represent. Much recent time has also been spent on fighting for the resources needed to combat increasing crime and anti social behaviour which is a major concern for local people following the massive Government cuts to policing budgets.
My web site is designed to keep you up to date with what I am doing to represent the people of Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the villages and includes links to social media as well as news about different activities.
You can also access information on everything from the local campaigns I’m involved in, my voting record and the expenses I incur for my staff, travel and living during the week in London. Whilst I concentrate on housing, health and jobs, I speak on many other issues and the web site now provides a link to any speeches and any questions I ask in Parliament.
I am always pleased to have feedback on my work on your behalf and on the web site so please feel free to get in touch.
Alex Cunningham MP
- Alex Cunningham MP to stand down at the next election November 25, 2021
- Alex welcomes news of Stagecoach / Unite pay deal agreement November 25, 2021
- Take immediate action on youth unemployment now or risk creating another lost generation, warns Alex November 25, 2021
- Rising fairs and continued lack of investment in rail – despite repeated promises from successive Tory Governments – a “betrayal” of northern voters, says Alex November 25, 2021
- Alex repeats his calls for an Industrial Strategy following news of another plant closure at Seal Sands November 25, 2021
- Give Tees bus drivers equal pay, Alex tells Stagecoach bosses, after it emerges bus drivers on Teesside are being offered more than £1 less an hour than those on Tyneside November 4, 2021
- Alex urges people to get flu jabs this winter October 28, 2021