‘Serving You in Parliament and Stockton North
– Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the Villages’
It is now over nine years since the people of Stockton North elected me to serve them in Parliament and I continue to do my best to do so.
I was recently appointed Shadow Housing Minister with the responsibility to help plan to build hundreds of thousands of new homes particularly Council ones for rent as a way to solve the housing crisis in our country.
That said, I continue to work in many different areas from NHS/health and social care to industry and carbon capture and storage, all topics which have a major impact on the area I represent. Much recent time has also been spent on fighting for the resources needed to combat increasing crime and anti social behaviour which is a major concern for local people following the massive Government cuts to policing budgets.
My web site is designed to keep you up to date with what I am doing to represent the people of Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the villages and includes links to social media as well as news about different activities.
You can also access information on everything from the local campaigns I’m involved in, my voting record and the expenses I incur for my staff, travel and living during the week in London. Whilst I concentrate on housing, health and jobs, I speak on many other issues and the web site now provides a link to any speeches and any questions I ask in Parliament.
I am always please to have feedback on my work on your behalf and on the web site so please feel free to get in touch.
Alex Cunningham MP
- Alex raises point of order in the House over “PM’s porky” January 27, 2020
- First of two new NHS dentists secured by Alex, officially opened by the Stockton North MP October 10, 2019
- INEOS talks continue, as MPs renew their call for Government intervention October 10, 2019
- INEOS and tariffs “warning sounds”, says Alex and Andy, as they call for the Government to back Teesside’s chemical industry October 10, 2019
- Alex gets the picture about workplace health at Fujifilm October 1, 2019
- Alex supports Macmillan Coffee Morning at Doornbos UK September 30, 2019
- “I want streets that work for blind and partially sighted people”, says Alex in support of Guide Dogs for the Blind campaign September 26, 2019