‘Serving You in Parliament and Stockton North
– Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the Villages’
It is now over nine years since the people of Stockton North elected me to serve them in Parliament and I continue to do my best to do so.
I was recently appointed Shadow Housing Minister with the responsibility to help plan to build hundreds of thousands of new homes particularly Council ones for rent as a way to solve the housing crisis in our country.
That said, I continue to work in many different areas from NHS/health and social care to industry and carbon capture and storage, all topics which have a major impact on the area I represent. Much recent time has also been spent on fighting for the resources needed to combat increasing crime and anti social behaviour which is a major concern for local people following the massive Government cuts to policing budgets.
My web site is designed to keep you up to date with what I am doing to represent the people of Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the villages and includes links to social media as well as news about different activities.
You can also access information on everything from the local campaigns I’m involved in, my voting record and the expenses I incur for my staff, travel and living during the week in London. Whilst I concentrate on housing, health and jobs, I speak on many other issues and the web site now provides a link to any speeches and any questions I ask in Parliament.
I am always please to have feedback on my work on your behalf and on the web site so please feel free to get in touch.
Alex Cunningham MP
- “Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is”, Alex tells Government in call for funding guarantee for Sirius Minerals August 14, 2019
- Alex blasts “disgraceful” tactics from ASDA in employment dispute August 13, 2019
- 10 year delay on removal of deadly Grenfell-type cladding August 12, 2019
- No Deal Brexit could see 1000 Stockton North jobs axed, warns Alex August 8, 2019
- Alex calls for action on Stillington community concerns August 8, 2019
- Alex warns of £2.5 billion Child Trust Fund “scandal” August 7, 2019
- Alex searches for Stockton North’s Best Small Shops August 6, 2019