‘Serving You in Parliament and Stockton North
– Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the Villages’
It is now over ten years since the people of Stockton North elected me to serve them in Parliament and I continue to do my best to do so.
I was recently appointed as Shadow Minister for courts and sentencing. I look forward to working with the Shadow Justice Secretary, and the team, on building an effective criminal justice system.
That said, I continue to work in many different areas from NHS/health and social care to industry and carbon capture and storage, all topics which have a major impact on the area I represent. Much recent time has also been spent on fighting for the resources needed to combat increasing crime and anti social behaviour which is a major concern for local people following the massive Government cuts to policing budgets.
My web site is designed to keep you up to date with what I am doing to represent the people of Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the villages and includes links to social media as well as news about different activities.
You can also access information on everything from the local campaigns I’m involved in, my voting record and the expenses I incur for my staff, travel and living during the week in London. Whilst I concentrate on housing, health and jobs, I speak on many other issues and the web site now provides a link to any speeches and any questions I ask in Parliament.
I am always please to have feedback on my work on your behalf and on the web site so please feel free to get in touch.
Alex Cunningham MP
- Alex criticises Government for failing on youth employment August 11, 2020
- We mustn’t forget VJ Day August 10, 2020
- Alex commends FareShare’s 47,000 meals in Stockton North August 6, 2020
- Cuts to regional BBC services must not go ahead, says Stockton North MP Alex Cunningham. August 6, 2020
- Alex Cunningham slams OFGEM for devastating blow to Teesside industry. August 6, 2020
- Alex calls for peace and reconciliation across Kashmir August 5, 2020
- Newsletter July 2020 August 3, 2020