Serving You in Parliament and Stockton North:
Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the Villages
It is now over ten years since the people of Stockton North elected me to serve them in Parliament and I continue to do my best to do so.
I was recently appointed as Shadow Minister for courts and sentencing. I look forward to working with the Shadow Justice Secretary, and the team, on building an effective criminal justice system.
That said, I continue to work in many different areas from NHS/health and social care to industry and carbon capture and storage, all topics which have a major impact on the area I represent. Much recent time has also been spent on fighting for the resources needed to combat increasing crime and anti social behaviour which is a major concern for local people following the massive Government cuts to policing budgets.
My web site is designed to keep you up to date with what I am doing to represent the people of Stockton, Norton, Billingham, Stillington and the villages and includes links to social media as well as news about different activities.
You can also access information on everything from the local campaigns I’m involved in, my voting record and the expenses I incur for my staff, travel and living during the week in London. Whilst I concentrate on housing, health and jobs, I speak on many other issues and the web site now provides a link to any speeches and any questions I ask in Parliament.
I am always pleased to have feedback on my work on your behalf and on the web site so please feel free to get in touch.
Alex Cunningham MP
- Alex responds to Mitsubishi Chemical announcement November 24, 2022
- Alex seeks assurances on future of Hanover Point following sale to Hanover Social Housing Ltd November 16, 2022
- “Not filled with confidence”: Alex responds to letter from Transport officials on proposed A19 Tees Crossing funding November 16, 2022
- No one should die in poverty, says Alex as he proposes new law to strengthen employment rights and financial support for the terminally ill November 15, 2022
- Alex backs Kinship charity campaign to support struggling kinship carers October 27, 2022
- “She should hang her head in shame” says Alex of “ignorant” Health Secretary’s opposition to protecting children from the health effects of second-hand smoking October 11, 2022
- Alex backs Stockton Council’s Level Up Billingham bid October 10, 2022