Opportunities for young people’s businesses to be recognised with Lloyds Bank launches 2014 Enterprise Awards
Young business people across Teesside are being encouraged to bid for an award to recognise their hard work.
Alex Cunningham, Labour Member of Parliament for Stockton North is hoping they will enter the Lloyds Bank 2014 Enterprise Awards which are designed to celebrate and recognise the top businesses of tomorrow.
The Awards, now in their third year, are open to who meet all of the following requirements.
- You founded, or co-founded, your own business and you are either currently a student or you have graduated in the last five years
- You are 18 years of age or over
- Your business has been trading for more than one year
The winners of the heats for Best Start-up, Best Digital and Best Enterprise will benefit from one-to-one local business mentoring and will be awarded with prizes up to £5,000. The grand final will be held on 15th October and prizes include:-
- £10,000 for the Overall Best Start-Up
- £50,000 for the Overall Best Enterprise
- Time with several leading industry digital market experts for the Overall Best Digital worth over £10,000
- Senior Executive Mentoring
- All winners will receive expert legal advice through LawNet
“As the next generation of budding entrepreneurs are growing within their fields it is important to recognise their achievements within the business world.
“The awards are a great opportunity for young businesses as it could potentially put funding into the business as well as mentoring to help their businesses grow and I hope we’ll see several businesses from across our area bid for an award.”
To find out more information on the Awards and apply young people should visit www.lloydsbank.com/enterpriseawards. Applications close on 23rd July 2014.